Thank you so much to Tempest Rose for nominating me for this award. Her blog http://nonsenseshenanigans.com/ is a variety of great adjectives, but very funny! She seems like an older version of me, but probably much funnier and wiser! If I could, I would nominate her for this award right back. But…she has already answered the questions damn it. Swing by and check out her blog! Just do it!
What are you currently working on?
Like 1,341,268.0765 things to be exact. I just started writing for our university newspaper, so I have a few boring to be made exciting articles to work on for that. I am also working on a humorous blog for our school newspaper website…one that does not use the word “fuck.” Obviously a difficult task in itself. Also just trying to keep my personal blog going. It’s pretty much my diary so that comes natural, but it’s more just finding the time. Alright (serious face), I’ll admit I’ve been working on….some….poetry. Aah, I said it. I’ve been working on some poetry and prose. My not so secret crush on the fire whisperer and putting my life on the line for journalism has been provoking some…dare I say it…more serious writing.
How does your work differ from others in the same genre?
You be the judge? Maybe it doesn’t? I’m not really sure. I guess it differs because it’s coming straight from my mind with no filter. You can’t really replicate that. I don’t go out of my way to make my blog seem unique because it is supposed to be genuine, which is unique in itself. One thing, however, is that I’ve never seen another blog with a skeeze of the day. Top that bitches!
Why do you write (create ) what you do?
Everyone says this I guess, but writing really is my outlet. I’m really not given a choice in the matter. I’m upset or happy about something and before I know it, a pen and paper or laptop is in my hands and I’m halfway through a blog post. It sounds so cheesy, but the writing just flows through me. My mind thinks in terms of blog posts. Instead of normal people having normal thoughts I’m sitting there thinking…”As Savannah approached the door, she realized…”
How does your creative process work?
I basically have random thoughts that I use to direct my writing. I will jot them down in a notebook or in the notes app on my iphone and then elaborate on them later when I have time. My best ideas come when I am trying to fall asleep or in the shower, much like the blogger who nominated me, I assume because those are the places where you are most relaxed. Once I start writing, I usually can’t stop. The school newspaper editor asked me to write a 600-800 word article and I wrote 1060 words…oops. Oh, but don’t you worry…he cut out all the good parts. I never ever force myself to write. If it’s not happening…it’s just not fucking happening! I assume if I ever get a job in writing I will have to break that habit…but for now I’m gonna keep doing the smoke break thing.
THE RULES (ugh, life is better without them):
- Thank the person who nominated you for the award! (BOOM…done)
- Add The Beautiful Blogger Award logo to your post and blog (piece of cake).
- Nominate 7
beautiful bloggers and say a little something about why you love their blog. (oh I will, don’t you worry)
- Notify the nominees by commenting on their blog. (like they will actually respond…)
Drumroll please…the nominees: (fyi, I like to award some of my own readers because they need to know that I read back!)
1. Paul Thomas Bell – http://paulthomasbell.com/ – I absolutely love this blog. I am always flipping through Cosmo magazine at work and I’m like man….Paul Thomas Bell needs to be up in here. There is one male writer for Cosmo that is fantastic but could even be replaced by Bell and his niche for writing about dating. I have a complete blogger’s crush on him…if that’s a thing. It’s now a thing. If he were a real person and not a blog I would date him. Okay, okay I know he’s a real person. But he’s as real as I must seem to my readers. He is very trendy and appeals to today’s society.
2. Dan, Man of Wisdom – http://godaddydan.com/ – I hate to give two awards to the same person, but I have fell in love with this guy’s blog again. I don’t want kids myself, but every time Dan mentions his kids I just gush. He seems like such a devoted, grateful father…and aren’t those just so rare these days? He always has some deeper philosophical meanings to his posts that leave a few of your own thoughts lingering for the day…it’s a nice little gift.
3. Bill Carson – http://practicallyserious.com/ – Okay I doubt this guy will actually answer the questions because he has like a bazillion readers to be exact, but I love his blog. It’s so clever and always provokes a laugh. I can only hope that my writing will someday be as funny as his. Read his blog! I’m practically serious!
4. Am I Thirty- http://amithirty.com/ – Love this blog! She is smart, funny, and will keep you interested in every post!
5. Melissa Nacinovich – http://wereallmadheretheblog.wordpress.com/ – So this is DEFINITELY one of my favorite blogs ever. I freaking love this lady and wanna be just like her when I grow up. Fuck, I’m sort of already grown up…so I guess I just want to be like her. She is hilarious, unique, and witty! Go read her blog! NOW!
6. One Gentleman’s Perspective- http://onegentlemansperspective.com/ – This blog is amazing. This man has a wonderful, opinionated perspective that will keep you interested in every single post. He often throws out tidbits of info about his marriage…which by the way seems like the most awesome marriage in the history of all marriages. He talks about a variety of things, all of which I have found fascinating!
7. Anna- http://annstvincent.com/ – Another great blog that talks about a variety of things…including my favorite subject, her exciting love life! I like hearing her perspective on things! Maybe you will too?! Check it out!